- The minimum marks required for promotion in each subject is 35 %. However, students of class 11 are required to get 40 % as minimum passing marks in each subject.
- Promotions will be decided on the final results obtained by computing the average of 50% of the yearly marks and 50% of the marks obtained in the annual examinations. (Yearly marks will be taken from the monthly test and terminal exams and marks given for projects and assignments)
- Promotions are decided by the Principal and the Teacher's council. Cases of failure will not be reconsidered.
- Final exam answer scripts cannot be shown to the parents. However, in special cases and exceptional circumstances students can apply for re-evaluation of not more than two subjects. A fee of Rs. 200 per subject will have to be paid along with the request for re-evaluation.
- If the Principal feels that some students are failing owing to their inability to cope with the standards of the school, they may be advised, in their genuine and larger interests, to seek admission elsewhere.
- Students failing twice in the same school will have their name struck off the school rolls automatically and must discontinue their studies in the school.
- Students failing in English will not be granted promotion.